ARCOR® Technical Specification
Soluble Chloride & Microbiologically Induced Corrosion (MIC) Remediation
ARCOR® recommends the following treatment for elevated levels of Chlorides and the observed MIC (microbiologically induced corrosion)
- Sandblast & blowdown substrate to white metal;
- Wash down the entire surface with Chlor-Rid; use 3,000psi power wash with Demin water and metering injection of Chlor-Rid at 1gal/100gal water. Work into deep pits/crevices; Calculate Chlor-Rid need at 300sf/gal.
- Let sit for a minimum of 12 hours;
- Inspect for evidence of continued chloride contamination; black shadows & streaking especially in deep pits. Test as needed using Chlor-Rid Test Kit;
- If observation and/or testing indicated continued contamination repeat steps 2-4;
- Wet entire surface with Shockwave RU; use undiluted and apply using a spray bottle for small areas and pump sprayer for larger areas. Make sure to wet all areas fully especially into deep pit. Work into crevices & pits using stiff bristled brush, pipe cleaner etc. Calculate Shockwave RU need at 500sf/gal;
- Allow to set 60 minutes making sure all areas remain wet (apply additional Shockwave RU as needed);
- Power wash the entire area with Demin water; apply dehumidification and air horns;
- After area is completely dry sweep blast the entire area and apply dehumidification prior to coating.